Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Travelogue Books: Romarajya 2




Author: Meena Prabhu
Genre: Travelogue
Language: Marathi
Pages: 327
Cost: 300 Rs.
Publisher: Mauj Prakashan Gruh
First Published: 2nd May 2009

This is second part of Meena Prabhu’s exploration of Italy, the ancient kingdom of the Romans. The kingdom of Romans was so vast; it couldn’t be covered in one book, so the author divided it into two books. The first part covered the area from Amsterdam to Rome itself, the heart of Roman Empire. And the second part of the book covered remaining Roman Empire which is now in Italy and spreads from Naples to Venice. As I already mentioned in earlier reviews of Meena Prabhu’s books, I like her books as she explore the nation not only as normal travelers by visiting only wonderful traveling sites. She also gives importance to the History of the place, culture of the place. She mingles with the local people and brings out the real soul of that part of the world. I always get the feeling of traveling with her while reading.
I will highly recommend this book to everyone. This is a book for anyone who is intended to visit the land of Romans, or anyone who could never be able to afford to visit these places. I can assure you everyone will get satisfaction.

If I have to rate this book, I will give it 9 out of 10.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Video